This recipe can be personalised with the addition of any of your favourite nuts, seeds or dried fruits.
225g raw cashews
10 squishy dates, pitted
125g nut or seed butter of your choice
2tbs maple syrup
60g coconut or oat flour gluten free
60g desiccated coconut
1 tsp vanilla been paste
125ml coconut oil
100g high quality dark chocolate
A handful of flaked almonds
· Line a rectangular dish or container with parchment
· Place all of the raw cashews and dates into a food processor & blitz for 2 to 3 minutes until very fine.
· Add the nut butter, vanilla, maple syrup, shredded coconut & coconut oil.
· Process for another 2 minutes or until the mixture comes together forming a ball and all the ingredients are
· Place the mixture into your lined container & press it down evenly.
· Cover & place in the fridge.
· Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water making sure the bottom does not
touch the water directly.
· Stirring occasionally, then remove the bowl from the pan and pour over the nutty bar mixture.
· Sprinkle with the flaked almonds then place in the fridge to set. Slice into 12 small bars and store in an
airtight container in the fridge for up to a month.
This recipe is a perfect example of a ‘keeping snack ‘, which is ready in the fridge, especially when you may be the only one indulging. Although, saying that, they are so delicious everyone will want one!
Recipe from Alessandra Peters ‘Foodie teen’