150 g Desiccated Coconut,
12 floz Coconut Milk,
5 floz Sunflower or Coconut Oil,
7 floz Coconut or Almond Milk,
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda,
75g Cocoa Powder,
75 g plain gf flour,
50g Buckwheat Flour,
50g Ground Almonds,
175g Coconut Sugar or Xylitol.
Chocolate Ganache Sauce 100g 70% min. Dark Chocolate, 170 ml Soya Cream, Raw Coconut Chips to sprinkle.
1 x 1lb loaf tin lined with parchment / grease proof paper. Line the tin before mixing your cake, as preparation, Oven 150c
- Place the desiccated coconut and 12 floz coconut milk into a saucepan, heat until the coconut has absorbed the coconut milk and looks like a coconut porridge.
- Place all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the wet ingredients and mix together to form a batter consistency.
- Pour into the lined loaf tin.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until risen.
- Whilst your cake is baking, time to prepare the Ganache. Prepare a Bain Marie (pan of simmering water). Place the chocolate into a bowl and lower into the Bain Marie, melt and stir.
- When the chocolate has melted add the soya cream and stir until the mixture has emulsified and is a smooth thick sauce.
- When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and gently remove from the tin. Allow to cool and pour the sauce over, then sprinkle with raw coconut chips to decorate.
- The cake will be soft when warm, so makes a lovely gooey pudding. Alternatively, it can be kept in the fridge and served cold. This cake will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.