Oil, Butter or DF Margarine for brushing over tart case
400g (squeezed) grated sweet potato
100g grated cheddar or dairy free alternative
Salt and Pepper to season.
- Prepare your tart case by brushing it generously with oil, butter or magarine.
- Finely grate the sweet potato, then place in a cloth, roll up and squeeze the liquid out into a bowl.
- Place the squeezed sweet potato into a bowl, add the egg, cheese and seasoning and mix well.
- Press the pastry into the tart case. It is very soft so you may want to roll it out onto cling film.
- Press up the sides of the case as well, so it is slightly proud to allow for shrinkage. 5mm thick.
- Bake in a hot oven 180c, for approx. 25 minuttes or until set.
- It's now ready to fill.
Recipe courtesy of The National Trust, adapted to Free From by The Gallery Kitchen Cafe.