100 g Pecorino Italian Cheese grated (which is naturally lactose free as it is made from ewes milk.)
10 g Gluten free plain flour
25 g Goats butter (warm)
125 ml Goats milk
50 ml Soya cream
English Mustard to taste
1 tbsp soy sauce (gluten free) or 4 tbsp ale reduced
Sea salt / ground white pepper
- Melt the butter in a thick bottomed pan.
- Gently add the flour, mix with a wooden spoon until blended together.
- Cook on a gentle heat without 'boiling'.
- Gradually stir in the warm milk and mix to a smooth sauce.
- Allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the grated Pecorino cheese.
- Allow to melt slowly whilst stirring, until a smooth mixture is obtained.
- Add the soy sauce, salt, pepper & mustard to taste.
- Allow the mixture to cool before spreading on toasted bread.
- Spread the mixture upon toasted, buttered bread.
- Place under the grill until golden brown.