Preparation time : 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Quinoa and Brown rice make up the bulk of this recipe. Cooked whole grains get simmered with rich coconut cream, vanilla, and maple syrup and banana for natural sweetness. Topping options are endless! Try banana, toasted coconut, chopped nuts, dried fruit, fresh or frozen berries, dependent on your eating limitations.
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed / Exclude if you are fruit free
- ½ cup coconut cream (tinned is fine)
- 2.5 cups almond OR coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon almond extract to taste
- Add the mashed banana, coconut cream, almond milk, salt, and maple syrup to a large saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add in the cooked rice and quinoa. Continue to simmer, stirring frequently until the rice pudding has thickened and become very creamy, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add in the cinnamon, vanilla, and almond extract. Spoon into bowls and serve with desired toppings.