Cooking time: 1 minute per pancake (approx 30 seconds each side)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Makes 4 pancakes
- 4oz Buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp sugar, sugar can be omitted and Stevia used instead
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 9fl 0z Lactose Free Milk or Soya Milk or DF alternative
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp oil
- Oil for cooking
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Add the sugar and baking powder.
- Mix the water and oil with the milk.
- Add the milk mixture to the bowl and mix with a whisk or folk until it looks like a batter, don’t over mix though (it shouldn’t have bubbles).
- Add approx 2tsp of oil to a non stick frying pan, you may need more if your pan is bigger, make sure you move the oil around the pan as it heats until oil has touched the whole bottom of the pan (this will prevent it from sticking), continue to heat the frying pan until it’s smoking hot (be careful though, it’s very hot).
- Add one ladle of the pancake mixture to the frying pan and move it quickly around the pan until it’s covered the bottom.
- Lift the edge of the pancake and when it looks a little brown, flip it to cook the other side.
- When the bottom of the pancake is slightly brown serve and add your favourite topping (mine is simply just lemon juice and sugar, or blueberries).