This is an easy one pot Vegetable Curry which is suitable for a slow cooker or casserole dish. I used a hob casserole, but it works just as well in the oven.
Garam Masala Blend (Salt & Spice have a lovely blend if you are local to Standard Quay)
1 large butternut squash
1 large courgette
1 small onion (can be omitted)
1 large bowl of frozen peas
2 large tomotoes
1 tin chick peas
Coconut Block or tinned coconut milk.
- Peel and dice the butternut squash, chop the courgette.
- Peel and slice the onion
- Chop the tomatoes and put these in a bowl with the frozen peas, leave to one side.
- Add vegetables to the casserole dish (not the peas or tomatoes yet).
- Cover with water plus another 1 inch over the top.
- Bring to the boil and turn down to simmer.
- Stir in 3 desert spoon of 'Salt and Spice' Garam Massala (I love this blend from Standard Quay, Faversham).
- Place lid on casserole dish and simmer on very low heat until veg are soft.
- Add match box size of coconut block / or half a tin of coconut milk, stir gently.
- NOTE, if you like your sauce slightly thicker then use 3 tsp of cornflour, mixed with 3 tsp of cold water, slowly add this to your dish whilst it boils, stirring gently, to thicken.
- Add the bowl of peas and tomatoes, stir gently. Turn off the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with wild rice.
Salt & Spice provide wonderful garlic and onion free blends so FODMAP follower friendly.