250g Buckwheat Flour for GF
2 medium eggs
2 tea spoons of baking Powder
2 tsp sugar or stevia
Drizzle of honey for sweetness if preferred
250ml Lactose Free Milk or dairy free alternative
- Grease and flour an oblong loaf tin. Sprinkle the sunflower seeds on the bottom (stops them burning!).
- Pour the milk and crack the eggs into a measuring jug. Beat vigorously for a one minute.
- Weigh the flour, add the baking Powder, combine together.
- Add the mixed milk and eggs and flour and baking Powder into a bowl and mix. A hand blender is ideal for this.
- Add the mixture to the tin.
- Place in the middle of the oven, Electric 200 degrees / Gas Mark 4. for 40-50 minutes.
- Use a skewer to test if it is cooked in the middle. Gently push the skewer into the bread. If it comes out clean then the loaf is ready. If it has traces on it, put it back into the oven (I always go for a lower shelf now) for a further five minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.